MID-NIGHT WONDER - Abiodun Lambaba Blog

Breaking

Advert

Saturday 7 October 2017

MID-NIGHT WONDER

I have been writing poems and have acquired a lot of admiration and encouragement from my benefactors. i am a great nature lover ,so i have written this poem with a calm mind, it will really give you a magical effect, i suppose. The poetry will help you to explore the beauties of midnight. The dark sky,stars,e.t.c. are all wonderfully interpreted in a poetic language . i hope you will like the poem.


MID-NIGHT WONDER

I was tossing in my bed
in the midnight hour,
struggling to get a wink of sleep,
but my eyes lay on the clock tower

I looked upon the dark sky;
it was adored with sparking pearls,
which giggle at me
and put a shine to my curls.

I gazed at the chubby moon,
who was white and glistening like milk.
Gave me a lovely, mothering smile
through her lips as rosy pink.

Suddenly,i spotted a shooting star,
as fast as a bullet train.
Behind it was a trail of glittering dust,
which appeared as a long diamond chain.

The dark sky was a dominating evil queen,
who covered the world with her black cape.,
captured the stars and the moon,
so their lovely light could not escape.

All this magnificent objects
made my mind calm.
My eyelids started drooping.
I was grateful for the wonderful charm.

Nature had arrived to aid me
when i was trying to catch sleep.
She , with her caring palms,
lulled me to slumber, so deep.......

poet:Ambali Abiodun Abdul Shakur (Lambaba the poet).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place Your Advert Here

PLACE YOUR AD HERE