DON’T WAIT UNTIL MY EYES ARE CLOSED - Abiodun Lambaba Blog

Breaking

Advert

Tuesday 23 June 2020

DON’T WAIT UNTIL MY EYES ARE CLOSED





Don't wait until my are eyes are closed
Before you can treat me with love, dignity, respect and compassion 
I want you to do that now, 
As I'm alive and vibrant. 

Don't wait until you hear that I am sick or dying 
Before you can love me the way 
I was meant to be loved 
I want you to show me that you care, As I'm healthy. 

Don't wait to see that I'm disfigured 
And then tell me that I am beautiful or handsome 
Because you think that is what I want to hear 
See my beauty in my body and soul. 

Don't wait until my eyes are closed 
Before you bring me flowers 
Bring me flowers and candy on any day just because..... 
Love and cherish me everyday. 

I do not even know where to pause or stop 
I will rather say, I do not know when this journey would end 
But please, when the news get to you that my eyes are closed 
Do not stand at my grave to weep. 


© AbdulShakur Abiodun Ambali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place Your Advert Here

PLACE YOUR AD HERE