LINES TO MY MOTHER | ABIODUN LAMBABA - Abiodun Lambaba Blog

Breaking

Advert

Thursday 21 January 2021

LINES TO MY MOTHER | ABIODUN LAMBABA

 





Dear mom, to say that the last 366 days was not a difficult day, to say that your absence didn’t weigh much in my heart, to say that you're not missed, the seat you left behind is not vacant would be an understatement, well words are still sorta hard to find cos’ I’m still learning how to drown myself in gratitude at whatever life brings my way. I might not be fully comprehended, but I surrender my confusion to God. I’m always high on humility, for I know enough to know that I know nothing.


Dear mom, when you left many promised to be like you, many promised heaven on earth but at the end nothing came out of it. “Å„ ó sébi  ìyá ko lè dabi ìyá, Å„ ó sébi  Baba ko lè dabi Baba”.


Dear mom, since you left, I kept starring at the night stars just maybe, one day, I will see your face up in the sky smiling at me. A part of me is still lost and I am wondering if I will ever get it back. Maybe that piece is in heaven with you and someday you can put it back in me and I will be whole again.


Dear mom, even on your sick bed, you never care if your health failed; all you want is to have my problems nailed, in stony beds of discomfort sometimes you laid, all for the sake of my comfort, sacrificed a lot for me. Thank you mom for staying alive for me to be somebody, I promise to do the same for the generation yet to come. I promise to pave way for them to be somebody tomorrow.


Dear mother, know that you are missed. Your absence is felt every day of my life since God decided to picked and take away the beautiful flower in my garden. I could never forget you. I will continue watering the garden so it could bear more beautiful flowers like you. 


Dear mom, your absence has taught me to be strong and smile like I have got no problems. I have grown and learn a lot. And in all these days of living, I remember your same words that no man has ever been immune to challenges. All through the year, I have waltzed through the storm unshaken and here I am, still learning. Still weathering the storm.


Things happen in the course of our lives, no matter how grounded and in alignment we are; it's part of evolution, growth, development and the becoming of our species and crystallization of the soul. After all, was it not said that when life throws a hundred naira note at you, make sure to buy Garri, groundnut and sugar, eat it, drink it, chew it, breathe and keep living?


Dear readers, Please Let the pain, the storms do what they came to do for they too come from Source/God as a gift to us like the warmth of the Sun, even when we don’t seem to understand why, trust that all things work together for our benefit and enlightenment. 


Remember to always smile. It might make someone's  day – Always share a smile even if it's for my mother.😘

Rivers of thought swallow me not, for I know enough to know that I know nothing. When next you see me, please don’t remind me of how strong have grown.


Continue to rest in peace beloved mom.

1 comment:

  1. Certainly, one thing is for sure, she's there watching and happy as you keep progressing.
    May her soul keep resting in peace. May she always be a stromg back bone at a dire minute. And may the almighty not depart from you.

    ReplyDelete

Place Your Advert Here

PLACE YOUR AD HERE